The Imperva SecureSphere WAF solution has been around for a long time and because of this it is considered one of the best pure-play options available. However, it is not built on an ADC platform like some of the other offerings, and this may be an issue for certain organizations looking to bundle solutions. The SecureSphere solution is one of the most comprehensive WAF offerings available. The only major con of this offering is that it can be considered too robust for some smaller enterprise deployments, and because of this robustness it also tends to be the most expensive of those discussed.
SecureSphere provides a comprehensive solution that offers protection from many different common and uncommon (or unknown) threats, including support for the OWASP top ten list. It offers protection for a number of threats including (but not limited to):
- SQL Injection Attacks
- Session Hijacking
- Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- Cookie Tampering
- Site Scraping
- HTTP and XML Reply and Request format validation
- DoS/DDoS protection/Botnet Protection
- JSON payload inspection
- SOAP, HTML5 sockets, Web 2.0 Protections
- ThreatRadar Reputation Services offering protection from known threat sources including support for building policy based on geographic locations
- Signature and Behavior based protections
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) support including the monitoring of traffic for intended and unintended data exposure.
- Authentication support including LDAP but lists support for all available authentication mechanisms when operating in bridge or non-inline mode
- Stateful Firewall
- Reporting and Policy tools that provide for easier PCI-DSS, HIPPA, SOS and FISMA compliance verification
- Virtual Patching
SecureSphere is available as a physical appliance, virtual machine (VMware ESXi), or via Amazon AWS. The SecureSphere solution is also available as a WAF-as-a-service via Imperva Incapsula.
We in Cyber Code Technologies are so much excited by offering our customers such robust solution and we are start seeing growing needs from organizations in Iraq to secure their web applications. Our technical team and local resources will help all customers to be safe within the online world.